6 days / 5 nights
Patagonia's October food festival
Places visited: Buenos Aires, Bariloche
Be part of the festivities. EAT, DANCE, RELAX. More than 70 gastronomic establishments are going to be part of this festival in Bariloche
- International & Domestic flights
- Daily breakfast, all transfers, tours with bilingual guides, and local taxes
- 2 nights accommodation in double roomat Recoleta Grand Hotel in Buenos Aires
- 1 Half-day City Tour in Buenos Aires
- 1 Argentine Experience Wine tasting and Dinner
- 3 nights accommodation in double room at Llao Llao Hotel & Resort in Bariloche
- 1 Half-day Tour Bariloche Highlights + Cooking
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Meals and drinks other than those mentioned
- Tips and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees to National Parks
- Optional tours and experiences
- Any items not mentioned
From US$ 2,072.00* PER PERSON including international flights departing from NY (JFK) & all domestic flights with Latam Airlines.
* Price Per Person in US$, based on std. room in 4– and 5-star accommodations, subject to availability and may change without notice. Airfare not included unless indicated. Please read terms and conditions. Insurance is highly recommended. This is an exclusive promotion through Borello Travel & Tours.
Day 01: Buenos Aires
Upon arrival at the airport, transfer to Recoleta Grand Hotel
Half day classic city tour
Enjoy a three-hour sightseeing tour of Buenos Aires, a cosmopolitan city that reflects the rich heritage of the numerous immigrants that shaped Argentina’s capital. The tour starts at the historic Plaza de Mayo square, flanked by the Government House, better as the "Pink House”; the Cabildo (the old City Hall) and the Cathedral. Further south, visit the picturesque port neighborhood of La Boca with its colorful street Caminito, a pedestrian street filled with art stalls and performing artists; its unique architecture---painted in a rainbow of colors, and traditions that the influence of the European immigrants, especially Genovese sailors, who settled along these shores at the end of the 19th century. The tour continues towards San Telmo, one of the oldest and most charming neighborhoods in Buenos Aires, which has preserved most of its architectural heritage and boasts lovely cobblestone streets lined with colonial townhouses, cafes and antique shops. Next on the tour is the upscale waterfront district of Puerto Madero and Palermo neighborhood with its elegant residences set among large grassy parks. The tour concludes in Recoleta, Buenos Aires’ most sophisticated and high-end neighborhood.
Day 02: Buenos Aires
The Argentine Experience: (Transfers not included)
The Argentine Experience is designed to give you an introduction to the best of Argentine cuisine and culture. This is NOT a cooking class, but a fun and unique experience, where you will meet and dine with people from all over the world.
Our international team of guides are on hand to spoil you and take you through every step of this culinary journey.
Wine experience will start the night early at 6.15pm
1-First, awaken your senses by exploring the nuances and aromas in Argentina’s flagship wines – Torrentes, Bonarda and Malbec – and try to identify the 20 different smells in our aroma area.
2-Next, learn from our resident mixologist how to make, shake and create three wine-based cocktails with red, white and rose wines from award-winning wineries, and enjoy three perfectly paired gourmet appetisers to complement them.
3-Try your hand at making your own cocktail from scratch (optional) with the assistance of our friendly guides, and take home all the recipes for the cocktails and appetisers to recreate for friends and family.
4-When you are done making your cocktail, we will take you to the main salon for the dinner experience!
Dinner experience starts at 8.00pm.
1. Choose from our gourmet fillings and create your own empanada learning the traditional ‘repulgue’ technique.
2. Later, use your imagination in Argentina’s first and only novelty empanada competition. Alongside your creations, enjoy grilled provoleta cheese with sliced chorizo sausage, and homemade chimichurri.
3. Enjoy what many are claiming to be the very best steak in Argentina, cooked to order and accompanied with velvety mash potatoes and oven roasted vegetables. Our top of the line thick cut fillet steaks have a unique 24 hour preparation method that sets us apart from the rest. Vegetarian, pescetarian and celiac options are available on request.
4. 1 Torrontes and 2 distinct Malbec wines will be selected from boutique wineries in Mendoza, paired to complement our food. Learn about and enjoy unlimited wine throughout the dinner. White wine is also available on request.
5. Learn how to communicate like a true argentine with their classic hand gesture class.
6. For desert make your own alfajores, Argentina’s national sweet, where biscuits, dulce de leche, melted chocolate fondue and coconut shavings combine to delight the senses.
7. Finally, get taught about the history and etiquette of mate, Argentina’s national pastime, and prepare it from scratch among yourselves. By 11pm the dinner should be over.
Day 03: Buenos Aires – Bariloche
At appropriate time, transfer to the airport for your flight to Bariloche.
Upon arrival to Bariloche airport, transfer to Llao Llao Hotel & Resort.
Day 4: Bariloche
Bariloche Highlights + Cooking
This excursion goes along the most classic circuit of San Carlos de Bariloche in an active way. Our guide will explain how this little mountain village have changed into one of the most attractive cities in Patagonia and the National Capital of Adventure Tourism. While visiting the most important viewpoints of the area like Campanario Hill and Llao-Llao Peninsula you will enjoy amazing views of Lakes Moreno and Nahuel Huapi and the mountains Capilla and Lopez. At the end of the tour we will visit Cervecería Gilbert located at the foot of Mount López. Here you will do the cooking class and beer tasting. In 2005 Alejandro Gilbert started to brew like a hobby and later he passed the recipe to his sun Tomás who improved the recipes and became the formal Brew-Master. Today Alejandro runs the Restaurant and Tomy runs the Microbrewery.
Day 5: Bariloche
Day at leisure to enjoy the activities at the Llao Llao Hotel on your own.
Day 6: Bariloche
At appropriate time, transfer to Bariloche airport to take your flight.
END OF SERVICES
Tour descriptions and approximate times are for informational purposes only. Some places described may be substituted and/or approximate times may be subject to change, due to unexpected circumstances or weather conditions.